Donor Risk Assessment Interview Workshop
Quality & Donor Suitability Workshop 2014
TPM Training Program in Tissue Banking, Cell Therapy and Regenerative Medicine
2014 AATB Annual Meeting
2015 AATB Annual Meeting
1. Abstracts must be submitted online. The online submission site will open on April 15, 2013 and closes at 11:59 PM (EDT) on, June 28, 2013. Beginning on April 15 you may submit your Abstract by going to www.aatb.org/SubmitAbstract
2. Abstracts must be based on original work that has not or will not be published or presented in any other copyrighted journal or Abstract Book before October 9, 2013. They may have been previously submitted at smaller/regional meetings but cannot have been published. All accepted abstracts will be published on the AATB website and in the Journal of Cell & Tissue Banking. In addition, AATB offers the opportunity for all meeting posters to go virtual. Authors who agree to upload their poster(s) online have the opportunity to share their work with a much broader audience during and after the meeting.
3. If accepted, author(s) and co-author(s) grant AATB publication rights to the abstract in its entirety for all current and future AATB publications. Abstracts cannot be altered in any manner without the written consent of the author(s).
4. Resolution of Personal Conflicts of Interest: It is the policy of AATB that all abstract presenters resolve any conflicts of interest prior to June 28, 2013 by agreeing to the following:
- Provide financial disclosures during the abstract submission process or indicate that there is ‘Nothing to Disclose’.
- If abstract is selected for oral presentation, financial disclosures must be added to the first PowerPoint® slide.
- If abstract is selected for poster presentation, financial disclosures must be prominently displayed on the poster.
- Refrain from marketing products and/or services in the abstract.
- When using trade names, they must be addressed only in the Methods or Project section of the abstract, and where available, several companies’ trade names should be used, not just trade names from a single company.
5.Abstracts must be submitted in English. Authors for whom English is not the primary or first language should have their abstracts carefully reviewed for grammar and accuracy prior to submission.
6. AATB prohibits the use of abstracts or conference presentations (poster or oral) to market products or services.
7. Abstracts will be limited to 3500 characters; tables, graphs or charts will count as 150 characters each, toward the 3500 limit (spaces are not counted).
8. At the beginning of the abstract submission process, each abstract will be given a control number. This control number will be used in all correspondence related to the abstract. The submitting author must provide a working e-mail address, as AATB will rely exclusively on email communications related to abstract submission, disposition, and presentation. It is the responsibility of the submitting author to relay all correspondence about the abstract(s) to any co-author(s).
9. The online program allows submitters to indicate the placement of a figure or table within the text of the abstract. Tables are placed within abstracts using a table-formatting feature. Directions for formatting tables and figures will be included in the online instructions.
10. To facilitate a blinded review, abstract titles and content shall NOT include the names of the authors or institutions.
Technical Support is available by email at help@ConferenceAbstracts.com or by phone at 877-426-6323 (toll free) or direct at 410-638-9239 Monday through Friday between 9AM and 6PM (EDT).
1. The American Association of Tissue Banks (AATB) will assign and coordinate independent reviewers who will assess all abstracts. The abstracts for poster display and presentation awards will be based on these reviews.
2. Abstracts affiliated with or authored by a reviewer, will not be reviewed by that same person.
a. Accepted, no revisions necessaryb. Accepted, with one opportunity for revisionc. Rejected, with no opportunity for re-submission
1. Authors will be formally notified of abstract acceptance by July 29, 2013.2. Authors of accepted abstracts are highly encouraged to prepare a poster for display at our Annual Meeting. Guidelines for poster preparation will be provided in acceptance letters.3. Awards for the top 3 abstracts will be presented to the authors during the Plenary Session at the AATB Annual Meeting. If any author is an AATB Certified Tissue Bank Specialist (CTBS), please include your CTBS number.4. The top 3 abstracts will be recommended for podium presentation at the Annual Meeting. Podium presentation is not mandatory, but it is highly encouraged that one of the authors of selected abstracts orally disseminates the content of their poster to the general membership. Authors who give the oral presentations associated with their exceptional abstracts will have their meeting registration waived.