Careers at AATB
Director, Membership & Marketing
Purpose of Position:
The Director, Membership & Marketing will be responsible for developing and administering programs to attract and retain members, lead efforts on the integration of the new Association Management Software and develop and manage the association’s exhibition and sponsorship programs with relation to three meetings annually.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Develops and implements an overall AATB membership & marketing plan, coordinating at the strategic and tactical levels with other functions within the organization
· Creates membership recruitment and engagement programs
· Leads efforts to implement new Association Management Software Program (Fonteva)
· Creates and executes specific marketing programs to support AATB’s conferences, membership and publications
· Creates and manages membership and marketing budget
· Measures, analyzes and reports results of marketing efforts, and assesses demographic data on new and prospective members. Implements changes as needed to meet strategic goals and achieve success.
· Prepares promotional copy for written and electronic marketing materials.
· Maintains appropriate software to extract and manage distribution lists for print, email, and other campaigns.
· Performs other duties as assigned
· Acquires in-depth knowledge of the association, its members of staff.
Line of Communication and Accountability:
This position reports to the Chief Executive Officer. Within the organization, this position has primary working relationships with the CEO and Chief Program Officer. He/she will serve as the liaison to the Membership Committee.
Qualifications, Knowledge Skills Required:
· Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Administration/ Management, Association Management, or related field OR 5-7 years of relevant experience preferably in the non-profit environment, and/or association management
· Exceptional and demonstrated sales and marketing skills
· General knowledge of practices and principles of associations, public relations, customer service, management practices, and membership databases
· Excellent technical writing and presentation skills, with the ability to translate thoughts, ideas, and concepts into understandable, executable written plans
· Demonstrated leadership, negotiation, and coalition-building skills
· Excellent interpersonal and written and verbal communication skills to include ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management and members
· Ability to formulate and make/individual sound business judgment and the ability to work effectively in a team environment
· Excellent computer skills and high-level of proficiency in using MS Office products
Interested candidates may send a resume and cover letter to: email@example.com.