Through this presentation, we will review collaborative efforts established by Nevada Donor Network, law enforcement and their Medical Examiners & Coroners to establish death referral practices for out of hospital deaths generating the potential to donate for those who would otherwise not have the opportunity.
- Prepare a plan to approach law enforcement agencies and engage them in the donation process.
- Identify common concerns that law enforcement agencies may have regarding a referral program.
- Share the benefits of adding a Law Enforcement Donor Referral Program, as a referral source, to increase donors in your service area.
- Discuss steps necessary in creating a successful Law Enforcement Donor Referral Program.
- Discuss the essential steps to maintain and grow program participation.
Monica Myles is the Partner Liaison at Nevada Donor Network based in their Reno office. She works with hospitals and other organizations throughout the community to create innovative partnerships and helps to educate the public about the life-changing impact of donation and the importance of registering as an organ, eye and tissue donor.
Out of Hospital & Law Enforcement Referrals
Speaker: Monica Myles
Day: July 18, 2018
Time: 2:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m. EST