Since 2004, AATB has shared the importance of tissue donation with the world through our participation as a Donate Life Rose Parade float sponsor. Again this year, AATB is sponsoring one tissue recipient with the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity of riding on the Donate Life Float in the Rose Parade on New Year's Day.
Along with the incredible opportunity to promote the healing and life-saving power of tissue donation to a national audience, the selected nominating establishment will receive:
- One (1) hotel room – for the honoree
- Travel expenses, including flight, meals, and airport transfers for the honoree (plus one guardian if the honoree is a minor)
- Two (2) parade tickets
- Two (2) New Year's Eve Celebration tickets
- Two (2) Rider/Walker Dinner tickets
- Two (2) float judging slots
- Merchandise bag
Nominations are now open for one tissue recipient to represent AATB on the 2023 Donate Life Rose Parade Float.
- The nominee must be a tissue recipient. Tissue can include skin/dermis, musculoskeletal tissue (bone, cartilage, joint), soft tissue (ligament, tendon, fascia, pericardium, nerve, dura, amniotic membrane), cardiac tissue (heart valve, cardiac conduit), and vascular tissue (vein, artery). Tissue does not include organs such as the heart, kidneys, lungs, or liver.
- The nominee must have a demonstrated history of being an advocate for donation and transplant.
- All nominations must come from an AATB accredited establishment. You can check to see if your organization is accredited by searching here: AATB Accredited Bank Search.
The deadline for nominations is June 17, 2022.
For questions regarding the Donate Life Rose Parade float rider nomination process, please contact AATB Director of Communications, Ashley Davis, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: If the individual selected as the float rider is under the age of 18, they will be required to bring a guardian.