About the award:
The George W. Hyatt Memorial Award is given annually to an outstanding individual scientist who has demonstrated superior research, teaching, and service abilities in the field(s) of tissue banking, tissue transplantation, or transplantation medicine. The recipient need not be a member of AATB.
- 2020 — Jeff Cartmell, MTF Biologics
- 2019 — Mark Moore, LifeNet Health
- 2018 — Ellen Heck, Transplant Services Center - UT Southwestern Medical Center
- 2017 — Melissa Greenwald, MD, Donate Life America
- 2016 — Helen Newman, PhD, CTBS, Veterinary Transplant Services, Inc.
- 2015 — Alyce Linthurst Jones, PhD, LifeNet Health
- 2014 — Shawn Hunter, PhD, Community Tissue Services - CTS Dayton
- 2013 — Gregory Ray, MD, CryoLife, Inc.
- 2012 — Lennox Archibald, MD, RTI Biologics
- 2011 — Matthew J. Kuehnert, MD, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- 2010 — Simon Bogdansky, PhD, AlloSource
- 2009 — Kelvin G.M. Brockbank, PhD, Cell and Tissue Systems, Inc.
- 2008 — C. Randal Mills, PhD, Osiris Therapeutics, Inc.
- 2007 — Stephen Livesey, MD, PhD, Australian Stem Cell Centre
- 2006 — William F. Enneking, MD, Musculoskeletal Transplant Foundation
- 2005 — Lloyd Wolfinbarger, PhD, LifeNet
- 2004 — Robert E. Stevenson, PhD, AATB
- 2003 — D. Michael Strong, PhD, Northwest Tissue Center
- 2002 — John F. Hansbrough, MD, University of California, San Diego Medical Center
- 2001 — Julie Glowacki, PhD, Director of Skeletal Biology, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Brigham and Women’s Hospital
- 2000 — Hans Burchardt, PhD, Executive Director, Pennsylvania Regional Tissue Bank
- 1999 — Ross Wilkins, MD, Medical Director, Donor Alliance
- 1998 — Theodore I. Malinin, MD, Professor and Director, University of Miami Tissue Bank
- 1997 — Kenneth W. Sell, MD, PhD, Professor & Chairman, Department of Pathology, Emory University School of Medicine (posthumously)
- 1996 — William W. Tomford, MD, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston
- 1995 — Harold T. Meryman, MD, Center for Transfusion & Transplant Medicine, Naval Research Institute