About the award:
The Kenneth W. Sell Memorial Award is given annually to an individual who has made a significant contribution to the development of tissue banking standards, the inspection and accreditation of tissue banks, and/or the education and certification of tissue banking personnel to ensure the quality, safety and availability of cells and tissue for transplantation. The recipient need not be a member of AATB.
- 2020 — Bud Brame, LifeNet Health
- 2019 — Michael Bauer, Eye and Tissue Resources
- 2018 — Allyson McGinnis, CTBS, CryoLife, Inc.
- 2017 — Scott Brubaker, FDA CBER - Food and Drug Administration, Silver Spring, MD
- 2016 — Murray L. Anderson, CTBS, CST, CQA, ASQ, AATB Inspector
- 2015 — Ralph Powers, DDS, LifeNet Health
- 2014 — Helen Bottenfield, Consultant
- 2013 — Ruth R. Solomon, MD
- 2012 — Charles Sims, MD, California Cryobank, Inc.
- 2011 — Duke Kasprisin, MD, South Hero
- 2010 — Nancy Dock, PhD, Lonza
- 2009 — Joel C. Osborne, Musculoskeletal Transplant Foundation
- 2008 — Kathy Pearson, LifeNet Health
- 2007 — Judith E. Woll, MD, Community Blood Center/Community Tissue Services
- 2006 — Jeanne Linden, MD, MPH, New York State Department of Health
- 2005 — Diane Wilson, RN, CTBS, Community Tissue Services
- 2004 — D. Ted Eastlund, MD, PhD, University of Minnesota Medical School