Changes to Standards
April 29, 2014
The Board of Governors acted on recommendations from the Standards Committee and approved changes to the 13th edition (2012) of AATB's Standards for Tissue Banking (Standards).
Originally submitted by the Reproductive Council, these Reproductive (R) tissue standards have been approved and, due to revisions to certain standards, renumbering general or other tissue-specific standards also occurred.
For accreditation inspection purposes, the changes announced in this bulletin must be implemented no later than six (6) months from today (on or before Tuesday, October 29, 2014). Compliance will be expected on this date.
Access this link to view/download all changes approved 'with amendments:'
Access this file to view/download all changes approved 'as amended:'
For each standard updated, the links below provide printable updates for insertion into your Standards book:
- D4.357 Archived Samples
- D5.200 Donor Identification
- D5.300 Tissue Recovery and Collection - General, D5.310 Recovery, D5.320 Collection
- D5.800 Post Collection Packaging, D5.900 Transportation of Tissue Following Recovery, D6.000 Post-Recovery Reconstruction of a Deceased Donor
- E3.200 Situations Requiring Quarantine
- F2.200 Special Circumstances in Release of Reproductive Tissues, (new) F2.300 Shipping Reproductive Tissue in Quarantine
- H1.110 Client Depositor Authorization, H1.110 Semen Distribution Restrictions
Use of "should" and "shall" in the Standards is critical and must be considered when reviewing these updates.
For purposes of clarity, text added is underlined, italicized, and appears as blue font (i.e., Example), and text deleted utilizes the strikethrough (i.e.,
If you have any questions, please contact Scott Brubaker at the AATB Office.