August 8, 2018
- The types of information we collect through our Services;
- How we use and protect that information;
- The types of information we may share with others and under what circumstances; and
- The choices you have regarding our collection, use, and sharing practices.
This Policy applies to the AATB Services and our websites, emails we send, as well as the information we collect when you interact with us through social media or other websites and online services. It does not apply to non-AATB websites and mobile applications that may link to the Services or be linked to or from the Services; please review the privacy policies on those websites and applications directly to understand their privacy practices.
Our website contains links that allow employees to access certain electronic systems and devices provided by AATB and maintained on our network (“AATB Electronic Assets”). This Policy does not cover the collection of data when an employee utilizes AATB Electronic Assets. Employees should refer to the appropriate internal policies for guidance and requirements with regards to information employees share and generate using AATB Electronic Assets.
For questions about our privacy practices, contact us at:
American Association of Tissue Banks
Mailing Address: 8200 Greensboro Drive, Suite 320, McLean, Virginia 22102 USA
Information We Collect
Information You Give Us:
Some of the Services may include features or services that permit you to enter contact information and other information about you. We collect and store any information you enter on our Services. This includes:
- Information provided in connection with your creation of an account on the Services, including your first name, last name, email address, birthdate, phone numbers, addresses,and company information. We also give you the option to provide additional professional information, including your role, title, and responsibilities.
- Information you provide about yourself, and your professional expertise, when you apply to be a speaker at an upcoming event.
- Information provided in connection with your membership application or a payment of AATB fees. (AATB uses third party payment processors and AATB does not see or store your credit card number.)
- Information provided in connection with your application for employment with us.
- Information you provide when you interact with us via social media, including any posts, pictures, videos and messages which you submit to us either via our social media sites (including by use of hashtags associated with us) or our site.
- Information you provide when purchasing exhibits, sponsorships, webinars, and other purchases made online through AATB Services.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence and any contact information provided.
Information We Collect Automatically:
When you interact with the Services, certain information about your use of our Services is automatically collected. Much of this information is collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies, as well as through your web browser or device. This includes:
- Details of your visits to our site and information generated in the course of use (including the timing, frequency and pattern of service use) including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, the resources that you access, and how you reached our site.
- Details regarding the device you use to access our website or digital services, including operating system and browser type.
- Information about how you interact with emails, including whether you open or click links in any correspondence.
- Information that you make available to us on a social media platform (such as by clicking on a social media icon linked from our Services), including your account ID or username and other information included in your posts.
Your browser or device may include “Do Not Track” functionality. At this time, AATB does not respond to browser “Do Not Track” signals.
How We Use and Share Your Information
We may use the information we collect from you for the following purposes:
- To further our organization mission of setting standards for the safety and use of human tissue and support the advancement of tissue bank professionals and tissue banking technology.
- To communicate with you, including to respond to inquiries and to send you communications regarding services that may be of interest to you.
- To enable you to utilize additional features on our Services or allow you to interact with us outside our website.
- To provide you with the best service.
- To improve and grow our community.
- To analyze website usage and enhance the operation of the website.
- To detect, investigate and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be fraudulent or illegal.
We engage third party service providers to perform functions on our behalf such as: hosting, content management, membership database management, technical integration, marketing, analytics, and payment processing. As described above, we also use third party partners to operate certain features of the Services, and information collected via those features is subject to the privacy policies of those partners
Where you choose to interact with us through social media, your interaction with these programs typically allows the third party to collect some information about you through digital cookies they place on your device and other tracking mechanisms. In some cases, the third party may recognize you through its digital cookies even when you do not interact with their application. Please visit the third parties’ respective privacy policies to better understand their data collection practices and controls they make available to you.
We may combine information from the Services together and with other information we obtain from our business records or from third party sources. We also may use or combine information that we collect from the Services with information provided by third parties, including demographic information and other attributes, and organizational affiliations.
We may transfer to another entity, its affiliates or service providers, some or all information about you in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, acquisition, sale of assets or any part of our organization, change in ownership control, or financing transaction. We cannot promise that an acquiring party or the merged entity will have the same privacy practices, or treat your information the same as described in this Policy.
If you use our Services outside of the United States, you understand that we may collect, process, and store your personal information in the United States and other countries. The laws in the U.S. regarding personal information may be different from the laws of your state or country. Any such transfers will comply with safeguards as required by relevant law. By using the Services, you consent to the collection, international transfer, storage, and processing of your data.
How We Secure the Information We Collect From or About You
We use a combination of physical, technical, and administrative safeguards to protect the information we collect through the Services. While we use these precautions to safeguard your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of the networks, systems, servers, devices, and databases we operate or that are operated on our behalf.
You may edit the information associated with your account by logging into the account or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving AATB emails, click the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any email, or email us at email@example.com and we will promptly remove you from all correspondence.
Changes to This Policy
We may make changes to this Policy from time to time. We will post any changes on this page, and such changes will become effective when they are posted. Your continued use of our Services following the posting of any changes reflects your acceptance of those changes.