Registration for the 2019 Exam is open from June 10, 2019 until September 13, 2019.
Overview of Exam
In order to become designated as a Certified Tissue Bank Specialist (CTBS), individuals must receive a passing score on the AATB Certified Tissue Bank Specialist Examination.
The AATB Certified Tissue Bank Specialist Examination is comprised of 130 multiple-choice test items intended to assess the comprehensive knowledge, understanding, and application of the AATB Standards for Tissue Banking, relevant regulations, and best practices associated with tissue banking. The exam is not limited to memorization of facts alone; rather, it is meant to assess the ability of the candidate to apply the subject material and concepts.
Examinees will have the benefit of scheduling their test time over a one week period at the location of their choosing, and organizations will not need to register their site as an alternate testing location. Find your nearest testing center.
How to Register for the CTBS Exam
- Log into, or signup for your AATB portal account.
- Click on “Certified Tissue Bank Specialist Exam” under “Upcoming Events.”
- Click on “Register Now” and fill out the registration form.
- You will receive a confirmation email with your unique voucher code and the Kryterion testing center registration web link.
- Create an account with Kryterion using the link from your email.
- Select the 2019 CTBS exam from the catalogue.
- Select the date and time. Be sure to agree to the tester registration agreement.
- Enter voucher code from your confirmation email to check out and complete registration.
Exam is scheduled to be held from September 9 - September 14, 2019.
It will not be held during Annual Meeting as it has in past years.
|AATB Member Price||Non-Member Price|
Recommended Experience and (or) Educational Background
Baccalaureate Degree and 6 months of experience (or) 12 months of experience in one or more of the following tissue banking related fields: assessing donor eligibility; tissue recovery; tissue establishment management/ leadership, tissue processing, storage or distribution; quality assurance, educator/trainer end user, (i.e. orthopedist or dental surgeon) supplier or manufacturer for tissue establishments or supporting role.
All prospective candidates for examination must submit a signed code of conduct.
Diversified tissue banking experience and participation in the AATB CTBS Exam Prep Course are highly recommended.
Grading will be instantaneous, providing examinees with not only their outcome, but also with their printed certificate.